The papaya fruit (Carica papaya) is native to Central America and Mexico. It is now grown world wide and in India to. Fruit Papayas are spherical or pear-shaped which can be up to 20 inches. The most common in the market usually average 7 inches . heir flesh is a rich orange color with either yellow or pink hues. Within the inner cavity of the fruit are black, round seeds encased in a gelatinous substance similar. Papaya seeds are edible, although their peppery flavor is a little bitter. Papaya eaten as raw fruit and ripen contain high levels of vitamins A and C and a photochemical called beta-cryptoxanthin as well as promoting health. It also contains papain, a protease enzyme anti-bacterial which is also used to clarify beer.
1. Vitamin: Papayas are an excellent source of vitamin C as well as a good source of vitamin E and beta-carotene, three very powerful antioxidants.
2. Heart disease: papaya is very useful for the prevention of atherosclerosis and diabetic heart disease. Folic acid is found in papaya is needed for the conversion of a substance called homocysteine convert into benign amino acids. If unconverted, homocysteine can directly damage blood vessel walls and is considered a significant risk factor for heart attack or stroke.
3. Cancer: papaya fiber can fight to cancer-causing toxins in the colon and keep them away from healthy colon cells. In addition, papaya folate, beta-carotene, vitamin C and vitamin E have been associated with a reduced risk of colon cancer. These nutrients provide synergistic protection of colon cells from free radical damage in their
4. Inflammation: The enzymes contained in papaya has been shown to help reduce inflammation and promote healing of burns.
5. High cholesterol: Papayas are also a good source of fiber, which has been shown to reduce high cholesterol levels.
6. Immunity: papayas consisting of vitamin A and vitamin C which is made in the body of the beta-carotene in papaya, are necessary for the proper functioning of a healthy immune system. Papaya may therefore be a healthy choice of fruits for prevention of diseases such as recurrent ear infections, colds and flu.
7. Toothache : papaya leaf and bark extract is used to meet the gums and mouth toothache that is actually being practiced in many cultures around the world.
8. Stomach: The papaya seeds and leaves are useful in the treatment of intestinal parasites found in the body.Papaya helps prevent constipation and aid indigestion.Papaya contains papain, a protein Which is a a digestive enzyme that aids in the digestion process natural? Papaya cleanses the stomach and studies have shown that only eats papaya 3 to 4 days has a very beneficial tonic effect on the stomach and intestines.
9. Antibiotics:In an everyday health papaya works magic on strengthening the immune system to prevent recurrent colds and flu.Treatment with antibiotics eating or drinking papaya juice restores good intestinal bacteria, which was destroyed by the antibiotic treatment
Image Credit :Jason