Home Remedies For Anxiety
Depression is a neurologic disturbance. When a person overcomes depressed, emotions become difficult to pay attention on anything else. The person may change into inactive and lose involvement in what is happening around them.
This situation can occur when a person fails a test, abandoned by a lover, when he loses his job, get divorced. Etc ., A few people are able to conquer their sentiments quickly. However,in others, depression can last for days, weeks, months or even years.
In Ayurveda, depression is recognized as Chittavsada. It is generated by the increase in the tamas and rajas of mind with the vitiation of the Kapha dosha. Sometimes imbalance in a vata may are also responsible for depression.Depression needs to be cared for and treated as soon as identified. In some people, depression can be very dangerous as it could resort to endanger their own lives and others.
What Causes Anxiety
When we sense of any abnormality of mind, the body releases adrenaline into the bloodstream. Adrenaline fights the hormone that transmits nerve impulses throughout the body.
It increases the heart rate, blood vessels and contracts dilates airways preparing the body to cope with the situation. Stress is the most common cause of anxiety that leads to the release of adrenaline. However, there may be other physical problems may also be referred as causes of anxiety.
- Hyperthyroidism, which can cause symptoms that are connected to symptoms of anxiety.
- Heart disease can cause rapid heartbeat, the primary symptom of anxiety.
- Caffeine is useful in moderation, in many cases, can lead to anxiety.
- Premenstrual characteristics (PMS) is one of the causes of anxiety in women.
- Diet pills can alter the normal functioning of the body and be a cause of anxiety.
- Anemia can also cause anxiety and lack of nutrients such as folic acid and vitamins hinder the normal functioning of the body.
- Diabetes is also the major cause for anxiety.
- Hypoglycemia, or abnormally low blood sugar, is also a cause of anxiety.
Symptoms Of Anxiety
Everyone experiences anxiety at some point in their lives.such as shortness of breath ,heart palpitations, chest pain,nausea,or headache. The various symptoms of anxiety attack include-
- The hyperventilation or hyperventilation also refer as rapid breathing or breathing more than necessary.
- Upset stomach or a feeling of uneasiness in the stomach.
- A feeling of impending doom.
- Unexplained weakness.
- Inability to concentrate.
- Shortness of breath.
- Heart palpitations.
- Chest pain.
- Muscle tension.
- Dry mouth.
Natural Remedies for Anxiety
One of the main causes of anxiety is stress that can occur when the demands are greater than the capacity of a person to deal with them. Improving coping skills or management of the demands and expectations of life can prevent anxiety. You can also bring some lifestyle changes to stave off anxiety. Prevention and habits of some are the best natural remedies for anxiety.
Here are some list of natural remedies for anxiety which can be helpful for the people suffering from frequent anxiety attacks.
- Meditation and deep breathing:Learn the basic techniques of yoga deep breathing an expert or try it yourself by breathing more than normal, hold your breath for a couple of seconds and then exhale. Meditation can also be tried to calm the nerves.
- Stay active and Exercise :Exercise prevent anxiety attacks. Exercise burns extra adrenaline to run, walk, bike, or using exercise equipment routinely for at least half an hour four days a week
- Be positive and relaxed: positive attitude, talking to people with positive attitude, listening to music, spend some time doing his favorite job, find hobbies, learning to say no in uncomfortable situations, develop the attitude that things will work out, ask for help when the workload is too much, reading your favorite novel or a book, talk to friends and family about the issues that concern you. This will prevent anxiety attacks.
- Warm bath and aromatherapy:A relaxing bath while listening to relaxing music can calm the nerves nervous. essential oils like Aromatherapy can also be used to relax and avoid anxiety.
- Avoid junk foods and beverages:refined sugar and carbohydrates, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, snuff and other things should also be avoided to get rid of anxiety.
Home Remedies for Anxiety
There are many home remedies for anxiety that require daily to animals used in the home or that can be found in stores.
- Take 10-12 pieces of raw almonds; soak it into a water for at least 8 hours, pill off the almonds skin. Make the paste almonds, mixed it with ginger and nutmeg put this paste in the glass of hot milk than consume it before going to bed.
- Take equal amount of ginger powder and baking soda out it into a hot water and bath with it.
- Sesame oil can also be beneficial, used use warn Sesame oil to massage the entire body including the scalp and the soles of the feet. You can also use other oils such as corn oil, sunflower or coconut.
- Consuming celery with raw or cooked onion with meals for a couple of weeks can be helpful. Eating it will give good amounts of folic acid and potassium the deficiencies which may also cause anxiety.
- Breathe the Peel of an orange scent it is also considered to reduce anxiety. You can also consume Orange juice mixed with a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of nutmeg this too is believe to give relax to the nerves system.
Ayurvedic Herbs For Anxiety
There are many herbs for anxiety that is known to relax the nerves. These herbs for anxiety are very good natural remedies for anxiety that do not have serious side effects than any other anti-anxiety drugs may have. Herbs for anxiety are
1.Ashwagandha : It is a herb important that India has a mild calming effect, anticoagulant and antispasmodic. Ashwagandha can significantly relieve most symptoms of anxiety attacks panic and phobia.
2.Lemon Balm : It also belongs to a member of a mint family is a herb that have “calming” nature so it can be beneficial for anxiety. In addition to reducing stress and anxiety, promotes sleep, improves appetite and relieves pain and discomfort of indigestion.
3.Chamomile:It is a herb that is very effective for anxiety, it not only solve the sleep problems but also solve the problems such as stomach pain. Chamomile tea if consume taken regularly can help patients to stay calm and can avoid frequent anxiety attacks.
4.Passion Flower : It is a natural sedative herb that provides relief from stress and anxiety attacks.
5.St. John’s Wort : It is a herb that have natural antidepressant properties so it can works well for anxiety.
6.Ginkgo Biloba : It is a herb that can improves blood circulation to the brain and thus can elevates mood.
7.Kava Kava : It is one of the most popular herbs that is used for anxiety to reduce stress, it can give the results within a week.
8.Valerian Root: It is a herb that works well to reduce anxiety keeping nerves calmed and ensures a good night sleep. It can be consumed as a herbal tea.
9.Ginseng : It is an herb that have stimulant properties, so it can be beneficial for anxiety with reduce stress. It also helps to maintain emotional balance.
10.Catnip : It so belong to a member of the mint family also known as pudina in India. This herb can work for anxiety as it produces a sedative effect. Catnip is also used to treat migraine pain.