Ayurvedic Tips & Diet Plan For Weight Loss
The great lesson of Ayurveda is that it tells us how we should live a healthy life, it determines our being in the world. If we eat food that is in harmony with our body, we will be fine.
If we do not, we can suffer from problems of overweight and obesity, in addition to a wide range of more or less serious diseases. To be a healthy and thin person should avoid obesity problems, we must feed ourselves correctly.
Having obesity is not, directly, a serious illness; But in the long run, it can shorten our life expectancy, decrease the effectiveness of our body and increase the chances of suffering from diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, decreased libido and, occasionally, reduced fertility.
According to Ayurveda, obesity is a disorder of Dosha Kapha. The people in which the Kapha typology predominates are people of great physical strength, solid people of relaxed and calm personality, heavy and prolonged sleep and slow digestion.
In these people, Ayurveda points out, the Agni or gastric fire is strong, but the cellular fire of the tissues is relatively low. What does that mean? That the excess of food/calories that the person ingests are not burned and, not doing so, becomes adipose tissue, that is, the tissue that characterizes the person who is obese or overweight.
The reasons for obesity can be many, from hereditary factors of the endocrine system to excess stress, from pecking between meals to metabolic changes caused by the intake of some drugs such as steroids and oral contraceptives. The main factor in obesity, however, is usually the always harmful combination of eating a lot and exercising little.
Ayurvedic weight loss remedies
Ayurveda offers various Ayurvedic remedies or advice to lose weight. Among them we can distinguish the following:
- Take hot infusions of ginger, mint or cinnamon once or twice a day.
- Drink hot water with 2 teaspoons of lime juice.
- Mix 3 parts of kutki, 3 of chitrak, 2 of shilajit and 5 of punarnava. Once the mixture has been made, take half a tablespoon and, mixed with a teaspoon of honey, take it twice a day.
- Drink, at least an hour after dinner, If you like to drink something between meals, choose raisins, which are a mild laxative.
- Do not take corn pancakes, because they are salty, oily and it is hard to digest stop taking them.
- Eat raw and cooked cabbages as it prevents and reduces the transformation of simple carbohydrates such as fat sugar, a condition that favors weight loss.
A good way to use Ayurveda resources to lose weight is to use, spices available in the kitchen as is done in Ayurvedic cuisine.
The main function of spices in our diet is to light the gastric fire, something essential to losing weight with Ayurveda.
Another resource proposed by Ayurveda to lose weight is to use the virtues of Yoga. It is not necessary to look for complicated asanas.
Soft Yoga poses can be enough to stimulate weight loss. Among the most popular asanas to achieve this goal we can highlight the (Trikonasana)Triangle yoga pose, (Tadasana) Palm Tree Pose, (Ushtrasana) the Camel yoga pose, (Bitilasana)the Cow pose, and (Bhujangasana)The Cobra pose.
Ayurvedic medicine for weight loss
Along with the previous Ayurvedic remedies for weight loss, Ayurvedic medicine also makes a series of recommendations that should be taken into account by anyone who would like to lose weight with Ayurveda. Below is a list of herbs and spices that are effective as medicine if she uses individual or within combinations.
Ayurvedic Tips for Losing Weight
Beside ayurvedic medicine, remedies, yoga, the way of living life also contribute a lot in weight loss program, below are some among these recommendations to lose weight we can distinguish the following:
- Do not sleep during the day.
- Do not set the goal of losing a lot of weight in a short time.
- Avoid drinking cold drinks. During meals, it is preferable to drink warm water.
- Avoid eating oily and fried foods.
- Reduce the consumption of dairy products.
- Reduce or eliminate radically the intake of lamb, veal or pork.
- Eliminate alcohol and tobacco consumption.
- Eat-in a quiet environment, sitting and avoiding doing it altered or stressed.
- Do not talk while chewing.
- Eat at a moderate pace, neither quickly nor slowly.
- Eat only when you are physically hungry.
Heeding all these tips, and practicing sports on a regular basis, you will have more power at your fingertips to be able to lose weight through Ayurveda.