What To Eat In Winter According To Ayurveda?
Ayurvedic diet for winter, what you should do to bolster immunity this season! Surely you have heard about Ayurveda, this ancient Indian science that takes into account the constitution of the body and the elements.
The truth is that it is super interesting and it is very successful. Therefore, I want to tell you what to eat in winter according to Ayurveda, so that in this season you are very healthy and you feel great.
Kapha (earth-water) dominates in the winter season. It is the dosha of resistance and gives power and stability to the body to ‘spend the winter’. We also need the other doshas: Vata (ether-air) for movement and Pitta (fire-water) to keep the inner heat in shape and to keep our initiative active. In addition, we need to feed ourselves correctly. I tell you what to eat in winter according to Ayurveda.
- When one is healthy, the winter cold stimulates the digestive fire even more. For this reason, in winter you can eat heavier foods and in greater quantity. If you are not healthy and you have very bad digestion, lower it a bit so you do not overload more Agni (the digestive fire) and “turn it off”.
- To avoid unbalancing Vata in winter, avoid eating ice cream as well as cold food and drink. It prefers soups, stews, and hot stews. Also, try to cook and eat fresh foods that have not been in the freezer.
- In winter it is very easy to gain weight not only for all the celebrations with delicious banquets but also itches the body is more prone to reserve fat due to the cold (especially in freezing climates). Therefore, it is best to consume many proteins, vegetables, cereals, and cooked legumes and legumes, and avoid excess fats and refined carbohydrates.
- It also includes many spices that heat the body, such as cinnamon, black pepper, turmeric, ginger, cayenne, paprika, chilies … These generate heat and also stimulate the metabolism and are disinformative, which is good to counteract the mucus that Kapha generates.
- It prefers to consume seasonal foods, such as pumpkin, blueberries, berries, fatty fish and many citrus fruits, which by nature are suitable for spending the winter.
What Foods To Eat In Cold Weather?
Today we will know the 8 foods you need to eat in winter and their nutritional benefits that will make you feel healthy and strong in the cold months.
1. Hot tea or herbal teas
Using various herbal infusions such as chamomile, mint or lavender, will also allow you to have your nervous system under control, control your intestinal functions and maintain a balance in nighttime sleep. They are low-calorie drinks, but rich in flavor and will keep your body warm.
Its high content of vitamin A and beta-carotene makes it a highly beneficial vegetable that prevents eye diseases, heart disease and maintains a beautiful skin color. Use it to make hot creams, in salads and also as an innovative mash.
3. Hot soups
Whether with fruits or vegetables, hot soups are the perfect companion to all winter food. You can also add bread, and there is a huge range to choose from. Prefer those recipes that contain red meat, since the protein contained in them will make you get enough strength and an unquestionable flavor.
Always cooked, beans provide a large amount of protein and are usually very versatile in both normal diets and vegetarian diets. In winter, beans made with beans tend to be very helpful and provide a lot of energy to the body. You can also use the beans of the previous day preparing them fried, or as a filling for some sandwiches at dinner time.
One of the most consumed foods in the winter, are undoubtedly potatoes. Very versatile when cooking, they can be prepared steamed, baked with cheese and cream, as part of a salad or as a mash. Potatoes are the queens of the table, just be careful if you are on a diet since their high starch content can make you gain weight quickly.
A delicious fruit perfect for energy and with many vitamins that allow you, among other things, to fight depression and reduce muscle discomfort, bananas can be eaten alone or in a shake with or without milk. You can also include them in some desserts.
A great opportunity to enjoy chocolate is in the winter. This food has been stigmatized, away from its real benefits such as stress reduction and some benefits to the heart. It is also caloric so it will give you a lot of energy and body heat when the cold rages.
8. Cauliflower and Broccoli
Its high vitamin K content strengthens the system and makes it a perfect winter food. You can prepare them steamed, with salads, grilled, sauteed or au gratin. In all his presentations you will love them.
Now that you know what to eat in winter according to Ayurveda, get ready to enjoy this season with the best food.