How To Make Ayurvedic Face Packs At Home
When you hear the words beauty tips, beauty treatments it always remind of a women and forget about men. From the ancient era women have been giving more importance in this concern of beauty. The uses of herbs were most common to cleanse and to beautify.
In today’s modern world Cosmetic products are defined as the products that can be use for the purpose of cleaning, beautifying and to promote attractiveness or appearance but it can results in many side effects. Ayurveda is one of the oldest alternative natural healing systems for all diseases and skin problems.
It is the most useful and successful means to achieve this purpose. It is so because Ayurvedic beauty products are made from fruits, natural herbs and plant extracts so they are found to be gentle on the face, skin and hair care.
What is Ayurvedic face pack?
In ayurveda, face pack process is known as “Mukha lepa” it is applied to treat various ailment of the face such as pimples, acne marks, scars, and pigments. “Mukha lepana” is the process of staining a mixture of herbs on the face. It has become a popular therapy these days known as facial.
This face pack is made by mixing various ingredients, which is a soft powder that is used for facial application. This herbal base pack which provides necessary nutrients for the skin, it penetrates into the subcutaneous tissues to deliver the necessary nutrients.
Face packs used in Ayurveda helps to reduce dark circles wrinkles, pimples, acne etc. Beside this it also increases the softness of the skin with skin glow. Natural face packs contain some vital vitamins that are beneficial to our skin in many ways which are required for the healthy glow of our skin.
This Natural Facial Packs are quite simple to use can get results without side effects. The vital vitamins in face pack also prove their worth by increasing the circulation of blood within the veins of the face. One should remember that the effects of the facial packs are usually temporary and for the regular glow you must apply 2-3 times a week.
How To Make Face Pack At Home
Ayurvedic facial mask can be easily made in home by using basic ingredients which are easily found in kitchen or in shop. Homemade face masks are cheaper and have no side effects. There are many home remedies which can be used to get clear skin naturally, which can give wonderful results. Different skin types need different types of herbal packs, below is a facial masks recipe that can be used for clear and shiny skin for all skin types.
Ingredients Used To Make Face Pack:
- Red gram: It works as a natural scrub
- Green gram: It works as a natural scrub
- Almond: It works as a scrub, moisturizer and cleanser.
- Sandal wood: It works as antiseptic
- Rose flower: It works as perfume
- Turmeric: It works as antiseptic
- Green tea leaf: It slows down aging process and reduce inflammation of skin.
Quantity Required To Make 100g Of Face Pack
- Cicer arietinum (Red gram) = 25gm
- Vigna radiate (Green gram) = 25gm
- Prunus amygdalus (Almond) =10gm
- Santalum album(Sandal wood powder) =10gm
- Thymus vulgaris (Rose flower powder) =10gm
- Curcuma longa (Turmeric) =10gm
- Camellia sinensis (Green tea leaf) =10gm
Natural Face Pack Preparation
- First of all take all the seven Ingredients in the powdered forms then sieved it using #40 mesh (400 Microns).
- Take care that you weighed accurately require Ingredients and mix it properly.
Note: Store this powder in an air tight container after use.
Benefits Of Applying Face Pack
- Homemade face pack supplies essential nutrients to skin and nourishes the skin.
- It helps to remove darkening of the skin caused by tanning or sun exposure.
- Natural Face packs works well to remove dead cells of the skin.
- Face packs absorb and remove unwanted oil from face and cleanse the skin.
- It provides soothing and relaxing effect on the skin.
- These face masks helps to restore the lost shine and glow of the skin.
- The regular use of natural masks brings shine, improves the texture and complexion of the skin.
- Regular use of facial packs can protect skin from harsh climates and from harmful effects of pollution.
- It helps to prevent premature aging of the skin.
- It removes the formation of wrinkles, fine lines and sagging skin
Precautions to take during Face Pack application
- Select the facial package according to your skin type. Take the opinion of expert before applying the facial package.
- Do not leave your face on your face for more than 15-20 minutes. Maintaining it for a long time can lead to wrinkle formation, sagging skin and enlargement of the open pores.
- Do not rub your face hard. This can result in the eruption of dark spots and grains.
- Avoid applying the face mask near the “eye zone”. The skin around the eye is very delicate, the process of removal can damage the skin around the eyes.
- Do not try to peel or scratch the dry face pack. This can damage the underlying skin. Spray the water (which is at room temperature) on the face before removing the dry face pack. After removing the mask, roll an ice cube into the skin of the face. This will help to close open pores and tightens the skin, tones and soothes the skin.
All the face pack are beneficial in nature but the advantage of using herbal cosmetics products is that they are non-toxic in nature which can reduce allergic reactions. More over it is a traditional remedy that has been used in every home for years.